Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom
Parker copes by defiantly wearing a blindfold over her eyes, jogging alone in the early morning throughout her neighborhood, and refusing to acknowledge her former best friend.
She is whip-smart, brittle, and fiercely independent. She views the world through the eyes of her pain.
The World According to Parker
- It's a common belief that losing your sight heightens your other senses, and it's true, but not by magnifying them. It gets rid of the overwhelming distraction of seeing everything all the time.
- I don't get mad at people for not knowing. I get mad at people for thinking they do know.
- I don't care what people look like unless it affects what they are like.
- I always have high hopes and low expectations
- Logically everything was fine, but I'd be lying if I said I was logical all the time.
- I'm nobody's poster child.
- Sheila was right; I can be totally blind.
- Everyone has secrets.
- Truth is truth no matter where it comes from.
Companion Book: She is Not Invisible
Puzzles to solve, a missing person to locate, the truth to discover.
Try She is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick for a completely fresh and unique story about a girl seeking for answers, who just happens to be blind.